Fashion Profile♥

My photo
Raleigh, NC, United States
girl boss, animals, skylines, & makeup

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Makeup Story TAG!


  1. How old were you when you first started wearing makeup?  I was in 7th grade I believe, so around 13.
  2. How did you get into makeup?  All the girls at school wore it (in middle school) and I wanted to be pretty like them...and my mom basically taught me how!  :)
  3. What does makeup mean to you?  Makeup to me means sophistication and polish.  It also means fun and helps bring out inner beauty in every woman.  
  4. If you could only wear 4 products on your face, what would they be?  1-MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder; 2-Dark brown mascara; 3-Rosy blush; 4-Highlight for inner tear ducts and brow bone.
  5. What is your favorite thing about lipstick?  Lipstick is just fun to wear.  It makes me feel glamorous and incredibly polished and lady like.
  6. What do you think about drugstore makeup compared to high-end?  I love drugstore makeup!  I do however prefer to splurge with high-end makeup on quality powders, blushes, lipstick or eye shadows.  I buy things like brushes, mascaras, color correcting powders, and eyeliners at drugstores.  I really love e.l.f. products for low-end; MAC is my go to high-end brand!!
  7. What's one tip you would advise to a beginner?  Don't wear something you're not comfortable with.  If you don't like lipstick, wear a gloss or balm just to hydrate lips.  Also, don't cake it on...be more natural and polished with it--don't cover up you!  Just enhance your already gorgeous face!
  8. What is one makeup trend you never understood?  Dark drawn on eyebrows.  It drives me crazy!  I like the natural brow look, not the harsh brow look.
  9. What do you think about the beauty community on youtube (or blogger since I'm posting it here)?  I think it's pretty amazing and so wonderful--if only they'd had it when I was younger!  I could have learned so much then as opposed to now!  But I'm still grateful for all the wonderful women I've encountered and discovered both on blogs and in the youtube community.
  10. (I'm adding this one)...My every day makeup routine:  

  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Medium
  • e.l.f. Color Correcting Powder Compact
  • MAC Blush in Peaches
  • MAC Highlighter in Soft and Gentle
  • e.l.f. Clear Brow Gel
  • Anastasia Dual Highlighter (for browbone and inner tear ducts)
  • Neutrogena Darkest Brown Mascara
  • Sephora Eyeliner (turquoise color) or NYX Dark Brown Eyeliner
  • EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint (not pictured above)

I tag everyone who would like to do this TAG!  :)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I don't bite! :)