Fashion Profile♥

My photo
Somewhere Sunny, NC, United States
Making Art, Love, & Fashion

Saturday, April 14, 2012

April Birchbox ♥ !!!

 I was REALLY excited to receive it this month!

 They went "green" this month!  :)




 LOVE this Zoya nail polish in "Bevin".  I'm not sure if they gave everyone the same color or not...I know sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't.  But I really adore this one!  It's like a toned down minty, cloudy baby blue.  Very on theme, and very cute!  The other goodies are a dry shampoo (which I've never tried but am excited to try soon), and a sample of "Wonderstruck" by Taylor Swift.  I don't care for her AT ALL...and honestly, after a quick whiff, I'm not big on her perfume either...so I probably won't be using it...but maybe I'll give it away or something to a friend to try.  My one complaint is that the samples of perfume I've received from Birchbox aren't "sprays"...they are like the kind you blot or something.  Has anyone else experienced that?  Or, am I missing something?  I've seen other members and theirs were sprays...so enlighten me beauties, please!!

 Look at all those samples!!  About to use one of each NOW! They are exfoliating cleansers and moisturizers composed of brown sugar, rice, almonds, and other natural goodies courtesy of mother nature!
Instead of a "treat of the month", this time we got a "beauty extra"!  I've been wanting to try these, but they are SO expensive...like $7 something bucks for a pack of 30!  I think they could have given at least 10 or 15 in this sample to be more fair, but...I'm still really excited to try them.  The packaging is SOO cute!!


All and all, I was pretty pleased to get some greeny goodies in this month's Birchbox...but I would be lying if I said I wasn't expecting something more, or a little more exciting.  I guess I'm still mad at myself for not accepting the "Teen Vogue" Birchbox option last month, because in my mind, it was going to be stupid teeny bopper stuff...but it turned out to be AWESOME stuff!  I'm still a bit sore over that, but I did get a really awesome polish last month in a hot neon pink that I actually really love, and wouldn't have gotten otherwise, so I guess I can't be too mad.  I'm sure there will be other fun options Birchbox will offer in the future, and I'm definitely going to "accept" this time!  Hopefully next month, I'll see some lip product samples.  I'm over the "skincare" samples, because I am already happy with my skincare routine for the most part.  But I am loving the nail polish so far...because I am new to the polish world, and having soo much fun painting my nails, and having pretty manicures weekly for myself...with all these fun, springy colors!  

Hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend, I have to go get ready now for a night out (of "Arena Football" with my man and his bestfriend)...but I think it'll be a nice night out...now time to get pretty, and paint my digits!  ;)  XO

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get mine on Monday (I had it shipped to my office just in case).

    I'm also not a fan of Taylor (I laughed when I read that) - so glad to see someone who agrees with me. I better not get her stinky perfume in my box.

    Have a great weekend - your newest follower Georgina xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww def do a post so i can see what you got when you get your box! :) lol about Taylor, ugh...I just do not care for the girl, her music, or that fake little act she puts on! haha. can't wait to see what you got...thank you for the sweet comment, have a lovely weekend love! XO

      Delete

I love comments. I don't bite! :)